- The PEPartnership: Extending resources across multiple agencies presented November 18, 2010, at the WISCAP Poverty Matters conference in Appleton, WI.*
- The Toilet Paper Fairy Has Left the Building:
Meeting the need for personal and household hygiene products through the PEPartnership
presented August 5, 2010 at the 2nd Annual Madison Nonprofit Day in Madison, WI.
NOTE: This is a paper reworked from the original Powerpoint presentation, not the actual script of the presentation.
- Working Between the Lines: Meeting the unmet needs of personal and household hygiene.
presented December 2, 2009, at the WISCAP Poverty Matters! conference in Appleton, WI. *
- The Demise of the Toilet Paper Fairy: The ministry of the Personal Essentials Pantry.
presented August 21, 2009, at the 1st Annual Madison Nonprofit Day in Madison, WI. *
- Working Between the Lines: The Personal Essentials Pantries in Wisconsin. A joint presentation by PEP, the Personal Essentials Pantry at St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church in Wisconsin Rapids WI, and the Personal Essentials Pantry at United Methodist Church of Rhinelander, Rhinelander WI at the Understanding and Overcoming Poverty in Wisconsin conference, August 2009, Wausau WI. *
- Toilet Paper as Jubilee: Examining the theological underpinnings of the Personal Essentials Pantry. Final paper for Ministry in Urban Congregations, Dr. Richard J. Perry, Jr., Professor, Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, 2010.
This was the final paper written for a class on urban ministry that I "hijacked" as a sabbatical for thinking about the Pantry's ministry. The requirements for the paper were that it be 8-10 pages; Dr. Perry was very gracious in accepting this 36-page paper with four pages of 8 pages of attachments (one of which, I notice, has an erroneous footnote).
* Any links embedded in the document will not function, as they refer to the conference CD. Much of the information, however, can be found under the "Reporting" menu item.